When you use a mobile device (cellular phone, iPhone, iPod touch®, AndroidTM-powered device, or other device) for browser or text-based account access, keep these tips in mind:
1. Use the keypad lock or phone lock function on your mobile device when it is not in use. These functions password-protect your device so that nobody else can use it or view your information. Also be sure to store your device in a secure location. Frequently delete text messages from your financial institution, especially before logging out, discarding, or selling your mobile device.
2. Never disclose any personal information via text message (account numbers, passwords, or any combination of sensitive information like your social security number or birth date that could be used in ID theft).
3. People’s United Bank will never contact you via e-mail, text, or other means for purposes of obtaining your sensitive information, passwords, or mobile phone information (SIM card #, serial #, IMEI #).
4. If you lose your mobile device or change your mobile phone number, remove the old number from your mobile banking profile ASAP at peoples.com or call customer service at 1-800-894-0300. Contact your mobile carrier ASAP for assistance in handling your lost or stolen phone / device.
Mobile banking applications are programs you can download to your mobile device. Applications or “apps” that let you monitor your finances and conduct certain transactions are increasing in popularity.
1. To ensure the safety of your personal account information, download mobile apps from reputable sources only. We encourage users to download the most recent version of our apps. You can download the People's United Bank iPhoneTM App from the iTunes® Apps Store and the People's United Bank Mobile App for AndroidTM from the Android Market
2. For your security, sign off when you finish using a People's United Bank app rather than just closing it.
If you have suspicions about the authenticity of a mobile banking app, web-enabled mobile phone users can visit peoples.com automatically linking you to our official mobile banking site.