People's United Bank is committed to protecting your private information, as well as providing our deposit customers with quality online banking services in a secure customer-friendly environment.
In order to eliminate any concerns you may have about using People's United Online, we offer this online guarantee to our consumer customers. Please refer to our Online Agreement and your account contract (1) for details of important protections for transactions on your account - whether they were originated online or not.
People's United Bank Privacy Notice and Affiliate Marketing Opt-Out Notice
Our Privacy Notice describes People's United's practices for handling your personal information and the steps we take to protect it. For your convenience, you can view and print a copy of our Privacy Notice. You will receive an official copy when opening a new account or applying for a product or service.
People's United will reimburse you for:
- Funds removed from your account as a result of online theft of your password or unauthorized online removal of funds from your account, but you must notify us promptly if any of these occur. (Please Note: If you don't notify us promptly, you may be liable for up to $500 in loss.)
- Funds which are lost due solely to our error.
- Late fees resulting from a bill payment not posted in a timely manner due to our error or delay.
Your use of People's United Online confirms your agreement to and understanding of the terms and conditions explained in our People's United Online Electronic Services Agreement. You are responsible for keeping your online password, account numbers, personal identification information, and other account data confidential.
People's United will not be responsible for customer errors or negligent use of the service and therefore may not cover all losses due to:
- Customer input errors or misuse of the service.
- Negligent handling or sharing of passwords leading to unauthorized access to accounts.
- Leaving a computer unattended during an Online Banking session. You should always click 'Exit' to end your session.
- Failure to report known incidents of loss or theft of your password within 2 business days.
(1)Please review the People's United Online Electronic Services Agreement, the Consumer Deposit Account Agreement, the Funds Availability Policy and the Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure Statement and Agreement for more details of People's United Bank's protections and their limitations. Our business customers should refer to their People's United Business Online Banking (eTreasury+) Agreement which contains the terms and conditions applicable to business online services.