Trust and Estate Solutions
We provide services to help asset accumulation as well as protect the wealth you have already earned. We work with our clients, their tax experts and their estate planning attorneys to maximize assets, protect wealth, direct assets to loved ones and minimize taxes. Our trust services have a long history at People’s United Bank, and we have experts on staff in fiduciary matters from irrevocable trust to special needs trusts and more.
Some of our investment clients choose to have us serve as their agent acting under a letter of instructions.
Increasingly, however, clients prefer to set up revocable trusts. They may offer estate planning advantages, and
in the event of a client's illness or incapacity, the terms of a trust may authorize us to step in and provide
full personal financial management services for as long as required.
Responsibilities of the Executor
- File current will with the probate court
- Locate and collect all assets
- Arrange for safekeeping of all assets, re-registration of securities
- Appraise all assets and file an inventory with the probate court
- Determine debts and claims against the estate
- Locate heirs
- Manage the estate, including record keeping, investment management, collection of dividends and interest
- Prepare necessary tax returns and pay all taxes
- Prepare detailed final account for presentation to probate court
- Distribute the estate