Client Point Agreement
This Agreement for Client Point is entered into between People's United Bank, N.A., Wealth Management & Trust and any customer who uses Client Point. This Agreement governs the terms and conditions for your use of Client Point.
Before you use Client Point, please read this Agreement. This Agreement contains the terms and conditions for use of Client Point. If you use Client Point, or permit another to use Client Point, then each party agrees to the terms and conditions stated in this Agreement.
II. Terms and Conditions
- You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend People's United Bank, N.A., from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, judgments and expenses (including court costs and reasonable attorney, accountant and expert witness fees) at your expense, arising from your use of Client Point.
- You also agree that the following uses of Client Point are strictly prohibited:
- Unauthorized communication of any information concerning any password or other online access number, code or identification or any other proprietary information belonging to any other person or entity;
- Use of Client Point in violation of any telecommunication, postal, or other federal, state or local laws or regulations or in furtherance or commission of any crime or other unlawful or improper purpose.
- Except as provided in this Agreement, People's United Bank, N.A., and its suppliers make no warranties or representation of any kind with respect to Client Point, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to merchantability or fitness for particular purpose. Neither People's United Bank, N.A., nor its suppliers nor anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production or delivery of Client Point assumes any responsibilities with respect to your use thereof. No oral or written information or advice given by People's United Bank, N.A., or its suppliers or any of their employees shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of the warranty. You may not rely on any such information or advice. The foregoing constitutes People's United Bank, N.A.,'s sole and exclusive liability to you with respect to your use of Client Point.
- You further agree:
- Electronic transmission of confidential business and sensitive personal information is at your risk.
- People's United Bank, N.A., reserves the right to monitor and review electronic transmissions online and in storage, and to remove or reject any material which People's United Bank, N.A.,, at its sole discretion, believes may be unlawful or objectionable, without prior notice.
- People's United Bank, N.A., shall not be responsible if equipment failure causes use of Client Point to be unavailable.
- We shall not be liable for any breach of confidentiality of your records resulting from the use of the access codes provided to you.
- You agree to provide and keep properly maintained your own personal computer, modem and all software used in connection with the system.
III. Security Password
During your first use of Client Point, you will be required to use the Customer ID and Customer PIN that we have supplied you. To help safeguard your financial information, you will be required to set up a secure authentication process and change the bank-supplied Customer PIN during your first login. You agree to change your Customer PIN at least every ninety (90) days. You are responsible for the security of your passwords. You cannot change your Customer ID. We may change your Customer ID and or your Customer PIN at any time. When any code is changed, we shall promptly notify you and provide the new code, we may also change the secure authentication process at any time.
People's United Bank, N.A., will send notices under this agreement by regular U.S. mail.
V. No Signature Required
Use of your Client Point password is your signature authorization.
VI. Changes To This Agreement
- We may change this agreement at any time.
- Changes to this agreement will be effective immediately after we make them, except those changes which we are required by applicable law to tell you about in advance. Those changes will be effective after we have given you prior written notice as required by applicable law.
- You may obtain a copy of any current agreement(s) by calling us at 1-800-772-8778 or by calling your Officer directly. You can also write to us at: People's United Bank, N.A., Wealth Management & Trust, 850 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT 06604.
We can assign our rights and delegate our duties under this agreement to a company affiliated with us or to any other party. You may not assign your right or duties to anyone else.
Either you or we may terminate this agreement and your Client Point enrollment at any time upon giving written notice of the termination to the other party.