Peter W. Oldershaw
Peter is responsible for ensuring that fiduciary accounts are managed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. He develops wealth management policies and procedures, and provides oversight to ensure that sound fiduciary standards are maintained. He also administers a variety of accounts.
Peter has extensive experience in estate settlement, trust administration and estate planning. Prior to joining People’s United Wealth Management in 1996,he practiced law for 25 years. He was a trial attorney with the United States Department of Justice Anti-Trust Division and practiced for 22 years with the law firm of Pullman & Comley, where his areas of expertise included estate planning and estate administration. Oldershaw is a member of the bars of Connecticut and Massachusetts.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Estate & Tax Planning Council
- AspetuckLand Trust, Board of Directors
- Connecticut Audubon Society, Fairfield Region, Board of Directors
- Eagle Hill-Southport, Audit Committee
- Trinity College, bachelor’s degree in economics
- Boston University School of Law, law degree
- New York University Law School, master’s degree in trade regulation