People's United Online Terms & Conditions
COPYRIGHT 2014 PEOPLE'S UNITED BANK ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Copyright in the pages and in the screens displaying the pages, and in the information and material therein and in their arrangement, is owned by People's United Bank or its affiliates (collectively referred to as "People's United") unless otherwise indicated.
USE OF INFORMATION AND MATERIALS
The information and materials contained in these pages - and the terms, conditions, and descriptions that appear - are subject to change. Not all products and services are available in all geographic areas. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to final determination and acceptance by the entity providing such products or services. Investment and insurance products are not obligations of or guaranteed by People's United, are not bank deposits or insured by the FDIC, and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested.
THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR OTHER ITEMS - ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE". PEOPLE'S UNITED DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS INFORMATION AND MATERIALS. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, IS GIVEN IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL PEOPLE'S UNITED BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSON, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE, OR SYSTEM FAILURE, EVEN IF PEOPLE'S UNITED, OR REPRESENTATIVES THEREOF, ARE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBLITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This web site contains links to third party sites. These links are provided for convenience purposes and are not under the control of People's United. If you choose to link to such third party web sites, People's United makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, concerning the content of such sites, including the operations, programming and conduct of transactions over such sites. People's United does not warrant that such sites or content are free from any claims of copyright or other infringement or that such sites or content are devoid of viruses. People's United disclaims all liability of any kind whatsoever arising out of your use of, or inability to use such third party web sites, the use of your information by such third parties, and the security of information you provide to such third parties.
The user's access to and use of the peoples.com web site, and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut.
1. Policy Purpose: This policy governs interactions by users on People’s United Bank-controlled interactive media including, but not limited to, websites (not including peoples.com), blogs, pages, feeds, channels, and other means of interactive communication (collectively, “People’s United Social Media”). People’s United Social Media are NOT private nor protected sites and can be viewed by members of the public. They should NOT be used to get help about your specific People’s United Bank account. If you wish to speak to someone about your People’s United Bank account (also referred to herein as “People’s United” and/or “the Company”) or transaction, please call our customer service representatives, who will be happy to help you. You can reach them by calling 1-800-772-1090.
2. Policy Application: This policy applies to all users of People’s United Social Media, including employees and third parties. Users of People’s United Social Media must be at least thirteen (13) years of age. If People’s United believes that a user is under the age of thirteen (13), People’s United may in its sole discretion ban/block the user from accessing People’s United Social Media pages and report the use to third parties as it deems appropriate.
3. In this Policy: In this policy, you will find the following sections:
- Agreement to and Acceptance of Terms
- Posting of Personal, Private and/or Confidential Information
- Discussion Guidelines
- Your Representations by Posting
- Postings by Employees
- Validation of Assertions Made in Comments
- No Warranties
- Limitation of Liability
- Third Party Links
Agreement to and Acceptance of Terms
You will abide by all applicable policies of People’s United Bank, and its affiliates.
POSTING OF PERSONAL, PRIVATE AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION PROHIBITED
People’s United Social Media is generally available to the public. THE POSTING OF PERSONAL, PRIVATE, AND/OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, WHETHER IT IS APPLICABLE TO YOU OR ANOTHER PARTY, SUCH AS ADDRESSES, TELEPHONE NUMBERS, ACCOUNT INFORMATION, PASSWORDS, BALANCES, ETC. ON ANY PEOPLE’S UNITED SOCIAL MEDIA IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT DO SO. People’s United is not responsible for anything that may occur if you post your own or a third party’s personal, private, and/or confidential information to People’s United Social Media. Further you agree that you are responsible for any damages that may result from your posting any personal, private, and/or confidential information about yourself or a third party. If you have any doubt whether information you are about to post could be confidential, DO NOT POST IT.
We are pleased that you are part of our community and encourage you to participate in the conversation with your own experiences, ideas, suggestions and opinions. To keep the discussion on track and appropriate for everyone, we request that you follow these guidelines. Your posting must not contain the following:
- Securities/Investor Relations-Related Content. Forward-looking content or comments related to People’s United or other companies which speak to stock price, financial health or outlook, obligations to investors, or other Investor Relations-related responsibilities;
- Confidential Content. Content which discloses any confidential or non-public third party information which you do not have permission and/or authority to disclose;
- Disparaging Content.Content that disparages any person or entity, including People’s United Bank and any entity affiliated with People’s United Bank, and/or any of their respective products or services;
- Infringing Content. Content that violates or infringes the rights of any person or entity including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity and/or intellectual property rights, including the copyrights and brand rights of People’s United Bank and/or of third parties;
- Hateful Content. Content that is hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or obscene;
- Discriminatory Content. Content that promotes bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Unlawful Content. Content that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to laws or regulations, including but not limited to those applicable to People’s United Bank and/or People’s United Social Media; and
- Spam. We observe and enforce a zero-tolerance policy for posting sales pitches for outside products or services or posting comments that drive traffic to a third party’s website (including for personal, political or monetary gain).
All decisions regarding whether a posting violates these guidelines will be made by People’s United Bank, in its sole and absolute discretion. People’s United reserves the right to remove any posting, whether created by People’s United, an employee, or a third party, at any time, for any reason, without notice or explanation.
Your Representations by Posting
By posting, you are representing that you have the right to post the content contained in your message and have obtained any necessary permission and clearances.
Postings by Third Parties, Including Employees
People’s United Bank does not endorse any comments made by third parties, including its employees, unless they are specifically authorized spokespersons for People’s United.
Validation of Assertions Made in Comments
People’s United Bank does not validate assertions or statements made by third parties. All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly and solely those of the commenter and do not necessarily represent the viewpoints, positions, strategies or opinions of People’s United Bank, its management or its affiliates.
The information and materials contained in this site, including text, graphics, links or other items, are provided “as is”, “as available”. People’s United does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information and materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in this information and materials. No warranty of any kind, implied or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particularly purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given in conjunction with the information and materials.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will People’s United be liable for any damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line, or system failure, even if People’s United or representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
Links to Other Sites
People’s United Social Media contains links to third party sites. These links are provided for convenience purposes and are not under the control of People’s United. The inclusion of a link does not imply or constitute an endorsement of the entity linked or its products or services, nor the content of the linked site. Further People’s United has made no effort to determine that the links on People’s United Social Media function properly in linking you to your desired destination, and People’s United makes no warranties of any kind that any link will bring you to the site you intended. You are responsible for confirming the identity and authenticity of any institution you visit and transact business with online.
If you choose to follow a link to such third party web sites, People’s United makes no warranties, either expressed or implied, concerning the content of such sites, including the operations, programming and conduct of transactions over such sites. People’s United does not warrant that such sites or content are free from any claims of copyright or other infringement or that such sites or content are devoid of viruses or other malicious code. People’s United disclaims all liability of any kind whatsoever arising out of your use of, or inability to use such third party web sites, the use of your information by such third parties, and the security of information you provide to such third parties.