John Conlon in the News
The People's United Wealth Management team is called upon to lend commentary and insights to various media outlets.
The views expressed in these appearances are based on market conditions at the time the segment originally aired.
John is quoted discussing how the market may react to the tax reform announcement. CNBC (04/26/17)
John weighs in on bank earnings. Reuters (04/13/17)
John discusses how the immigration policy reflects the way the Trump administration will likely operate and why that’s causing uncertainty in the market. (01/30/17)
- Stocks post worst trading day of 2017 after Trump immigration debacle- CNBC
- Markets Slump in Reaction to Uncertainty, Global Outcry Over Immigration Ban-NBC News
- Stocks post worst trading day of 2017 after Trump immigration debacle - Yahoo Finance
John discussed the possible Hillary contestation. Fortune (11/23/16)
John discussed how to invest in Health Care. U.S. News (11/11/16)
John discussed Black Friday Plans for Retailers. U.S. News (11/10/16)
John discussed his take on oil prices. Money (11/09/16)
John reviews the 6 Stocks to benefit from holiday shopping. (11/08/16)
John discusses the election day outcome. Market Watch (11/07/16)
John discusses current market movements and what investors should know about equities.CNBC (10/12/16)
Conlon discusses earnings season. Bloomberg (10/11/16)
John Conlon says the markets are already betting on a Clinton victory. Bloomberg (10/10/16)
John discusses what will impact the markets in the coming weeks. (10/10/16)
John talks about the importance of the upcoming earnings season given the Fed's economic forecast. CNBC (09/23/16)
John picks the best stocks on the year. (09/20/16)
John is quoted discussing Fed action or inaction during its September meeting.(09/16/16)
- The Street :Week in Review: A Fed-Focused Week Causes Wall Street Waves
- Philly.com: Week in Review: A Fed-Focused Week Causes Wall Street Waves
John discusses what has caused ups and downs in oil prices. (8/31/16)
- The Fiscal Times: Energy drags Wall St. lower; S&P down slightly in August
- Metro: Wall St. ends lower on energy weakness
- Yahoo Finance: Energy drags Wall St. lower; S&P down slightly in August
- FOX Business: Wall Street treads lower as oil weighs on energy stocks.
- Reuters: Wall Street treads lower as oil weighs on energy stocks.
John comments on Apple's TV Guide. Market Watch (08/08/16)
John discusses earnings reports with Market Watch (07/19/16)
John provides reactions to the Brexit vote and explains that people are calming down and looking at it more rationally this week with Bloomberg (06/28/16).
John advises investors to stay focused on the long term, the best money moves for investors and what the presidential election could mean for the stock market. US News (06/14/16)
John discusses how the softer dollar has boosted investors appetite for stocks and how the weak dollar should boost U.S. corporate earnings. FOX Business and Market Watch (06/08/16)
- DOW, S&P 500 Notch Fresh Highs - FOX Business
- Dow gains foothold above 18,000 as oil rallies - Market Watch
John provides an outlook on retail stocks and how department stores need to find a way to compete with online retailers. Market Watch (05/20/16)
On Market Watch (05/13/16) John discussing investors' worries that a Fed rate hike might come sooner than expected.
John discussing how investors' fears about a looming recession are beginning to diminish while on Market Watch (04/29/16).
John discussing how investors' fears about a looming recession are beginning to diminish with Nasdaq (04/28/16).
John comments on the oil rally's impact on financial shares.
- Dow books longest winning streak in 5 months - Morningstar (03/18/16)
- Market Snapshot: Dow books longest winning streak in 5 months - Nasdaq (03/18/16)
- Dow books longest winning streak in 5 months - Market Watch (03/18/16)