Your access to and use of this Integrated Payables Portal (“IP Portal”) is subject to the following terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws:
1. Access and use of this IP Portal is subject to the terms of that certain Integrated Payables Service Agreement (“Service Agreement”), entered into between People’s United Bank, N.A. (“Bank”) and the Customer designated therein. Capitalized terms employed herein and not otherwise defined shall have the meanings ascribed to such terms in the Service Agreement. “You”, “Your” and other terms of like import refer to both the Customer and any individual User.
2. Access to the IP Portal is provided over the internet by computer and modem and/or other devices or equipment authorized or allowed by Bank. Access requires the use of a unique login name together with a password or other security code or a combination of any of these (collectively, the "Login Codes") as required by Bank.
3. Your use of the IP Portal with the Login Codes will be deemed by Bank to be valid and authentic and you intend and agree that any communications to Bank under your Login Codes will be given the same legal effect as written and signed paper communications and/or authorizations. You agree that electronic copies of communications are valid and you will not contest the validity of the originals or copies, absent proof of altered data or tampering.
4. All information on the IP Portal, unless otherwise designated, is copyrighted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or the Service Agreement, or as otherwise permitted in text posted on the IP Portal without the written permission of People’s United Bank, N.A. (“Bank”). Bank neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the IP Portal will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Bank.
5. While Bank makes every reasonable attempt to include accurate and up-to-date information in the IP Portal, Bank makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Bank assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the IP Portal.
6. Unless specifically covered otherwise under the terms and conditions of a Bank Service Agreement that utilizes the IP Portal for production file delivery and Customer service information, any communication or material you transmit to the IP Portal by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. There shall be no obligation on the part of Bank with respect to use or disclosure of any information in such communication. Bank shall have the unrestricted right to copy, use and distribute any information you communicate including but not limited to any ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, software, documentation, diagrams, schematics or blueprints. Additionally, Bank may use all such information in any manner or for any purpose including but not limited to developing and manufacturing products or providing services.
7. Your use and browsing of the IP Portal are at your risk. In addition to any limitations of Bank’s liability set out in the Service Agreement, neither Bank, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the IP Portal is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the IP Portal. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the IP Portal is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Bank also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the IP Portal or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the IP Portal.
8. You agree that Bank may collect information about your use of the IP Portal, system and application software in connection with offering and operating the IP Portal and to enhance your experience when using the IP Portal. To read our privacy statement, click here.
9. Bank reserves the right to block access to the IP Portal if Bank or its agents have reason to believe you are misusing the IP Portal or otherwise not complying with the Service Agreement of these Terms and Conditions, or have reason to suspect the computer or other device you are using to access the IP Portal has been infected with malicious software or virus.
10. The trademarks, service marks, and logos (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the IP Portal are registered and common law Trademarks of Bank and others. Nothing contained on the IP Portal should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the IP Portal without the written permission of Bank or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the IP Portal. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on the IP Portal, or any other content on the IP Portal, is strictly prohibited.
11. Authorization is hereby provided to you to copy documents published by Bank on the IP Portal provided such copies are used for non-commercial purposes and solely for use within your organization. This authorization is specifically conditioned upon including all legends, copyright, proprietary and other notices that appear herein on all copies you make of such documents whether they pertain to Bank or another party.
12. You agree not to use the IP Portal or the content or information delivered through the IP Portal in any way that would: (a) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items, including but not limited to use of the IP Portal to impersonate another person or entity; (b) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); (c) create liability for Bank or its service provider(s) or cause Bank to lose the services of its service providers; (d) access the information and content contained on the IP Portal programmatically by macro or other automated means; or (e) use the IP Portal in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to computer systems.
13. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Bank, its third-party service providers and their officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all third-party claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including settlement amounts and reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the IP Portal, your violation of these Terms and Conditions or your infringement, or infringement by any other User of the IP Portal, of any intellectual property or other right of anyone.
14. Software and other materials from this IP Portal may also be subject to United States Export Control. The United States Export Control laws prohibit the export of certain technical data and software to certain territories. No software from this IP Portal may be downloaded or exported (1) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (2) anyone on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. Bank does not authorize the downloading or exportation of any software or technical data from this IP Portal to any jurisdiction prohibited by the United States Export Laws.
15. For assistance with use of the IP Portal call 1-877-330-4950. Do not attempt to contact a Bank representative via SMS text or any form of unencrypted message. Bank will never contact you via email, text message or other means for purposes of obtaining your sensitive information such as Login Codes.
Bank may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this page. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review Bank’s then current Terms and Conditions.